Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Today is a day for...

Scott Musgrove!
I love stumble upon, it shows you the greatest things ever. If you don't have Stumble downloaded on your computer I'd highly recommend it. You just put in the topics you are interested and press the button and volia! A random web page featuring something you checked as interesting will show up. And that is how I found Musgrove.

He is an artists that works with creating prehistoric creatures and bringing them through life in both painting and in sculpture. I think he mostly works with bronze and oil. He use to do some animation right out of college, and now mostly paints. Plus, hes from Seattle, which I am still in love with so I give him extra bonus points for that. Also, he did a painting of an octopus...well as he calls it, a walktopus. Check it out:



















Brad and I had a little discussion the other day about artists that also create consumer products as well as fine art. Which is, in my mind, not selling out, but allowing for the general population that will never step foot in a gallery to see your work. This includes toys, skateboards, clothing etc.

Looks like Scott Musgrove is one of those people and if you wanta check out Wootini  they have one of his featured toys, as well as a bunch of other artists. I haven't gotten the chance to go through it yet, but it looks like there's some good stuff on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment